Last Updated: June 11, 2019
In order to use our Services, you must be 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18, you may not download or use the Services.
WHAT WE COLLECT
Information you provide
We request, receive and store information in order for users to post and share rides. We will collect information such as phone number and the starting/ending location of your ride.
Information Collected Automatically
When you interact with our Services and decide to post or join a ride, we will automatically receive and record information which includes your first name, last name, profile picture and email address from your Facebook profile. We access the information listed from your Facebook profile because the app runs on Facebook Messenger, but only receive and store this information which you have provided to Facebook Inc (“Facebook”) after you agree to the terms and post or book a ride.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect from our users for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to:
- Connect riders with drivers to arrange rides, communicate and facilitate the Services;
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote the Services;
- Analyze how the Squad community uses the Services in order to foster a great experience;
- Communicate with you via email, SMS/text, or Facebook Messenger, including for marketing and promotional purposes. We will never communicate with you for promotional purposes over SMS/text, only through Facebook Messenger or email. If you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional communications from us, you can unsubscribe from emails via the link on our last communication to you, and unsubscribe from Messenger Promotions by replying to the last Messenger communication you received);
- Personalize the Squad experience for you and your friends and contacts;
- Send you text messages and push notifications;
- Facilitate payments;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes between Riders and Drivers, and requests from government authorities.
Additionally, we may use the information we collect from Drivers to determine a Driver’s eligibility to drive with Squad.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sharing Between Users
At Squad, our goal is to provide an enjoyable carpooling experience. In order to facilitate that experience, we will make certain Personal Information available to Squad and other users who access the Services, including your Facebook name, Facebook profile photo, and other information you provide about your trip such as trip arrival and destination location and reason for traveling.
After being matched with another Squad user, we connect you via a text message interchange, but will not share your phone number with other Squad users. Any information you share over that interchange is your responsibility and Squad does not take responsibility for additional information that you choose to share with other Squad users.
Sharing Between Squad and Third Parties
Other Sharing. We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets; for example if Squad (or its assets) are acquired or if Squad goes out of business, enters bankruptcy, or undergoes some other change of control, Personal Information may be one of the assets transferred or acquired by a third party;
- If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Squad, our employees, our users, or others;
- If you signed up for a promotion with another user’s referral or promotion code, with your referrer to let them know about your redemption of or qualification for the promotion;
- To provide information about the use of Squad to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information. You may also elect to have information about you that we have stored in our database to be deleted. Some information will remain in our records after you update or delete such information from your account; we may use any such data after you update or delete it for, among other reasons, analytics purposes and when other data still references this information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Our goal is to protect your privacy, but unfortunately we can never guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.